How to prepare for lifestyle session with Jessica Boltman Photography | Orange County Newborn Photographer



Mom and dad during lifestyle session kissing baby

Lifestyle session are done in the comfort of the clients home and have become very popular the last few years. Some people love doing this more than the studio sessions because they get to incorporate their home which is where baby will most likely be growing up as well. I want all my clients to be very prepared for these so that we can make sure to get the best images possible. 



For lifestyle sessions I will bring a few wraps, furs and either headbands or hats depending on what you had or are having. It is important to note that I do not bring my posing bag or blankets. All the sleep baby pictures that you see on my portfolio are done in my home studio. 



Babies sleep SO much better when the room is warm. When I have studio sessions I have a space heater directly facing them keeping them extremely toasty. I do ask that you please have your house or at least the room we will be in most of time, very warm. Due to this, I come dressed for a warm hour.

I will want to set up in a room without direct sunlight, but good window light is great. If you have questions about this, I am happy to have you send me a few pictures and I can let you know what would work best. Lighting is SO important since I am a natural light photographer I do not bring a flash. 

I am a mom of TWO and I remember the first few weeks following each of my births, the last thing I wanted to do was keep a clean house. Please don't feel as though you need to pick up for me at all. If things need to be re-arranged or moved aside we can easily do this. If we are doing pictures on your bed as a family I do suggest having any bedside tables cleared off. Decorating them is PERFECT. Maybe some fresh flowers, a candle or some cute little decor. Alarm clocks, watch or phone chargers, things like those are a little messy and look cluttered.

If you plan to have siblings photographed, I only ask that when they are not apart of the session to have them out of the room. We want to ensure a calm and peaceful environment for the star of the show.

I hope this helps you prepare for your lifestyle newborn session with Jessica Boltman photography. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Comments