The 5 S's method to get a sleepy baby

Tips to help get a sleepy baby



Ever have those times where you just cannot get your little baby to sleep? When I was a new mama I thankfully already knew the 5 S's technique from learning them at a newborn photography training course. It was some of the best tips I had ever gotten for both professional and personal use. Now both my girls are far from great sleepers haha BUT they were quick to fall asleep when I used this technique.

So what exactly are the 5's? They are as follows;

  1. Swaddle 
  2. Side or stomach position 
  3. Shush
  4. Swing
  5. Suck

Your baby has been kept wrapped up tight in your warm white noise belly for the last 9 months and then gets pushed or pulled out into a cold big world. The motions and sounds listed above are the closest thing baby feels to being back safe and sound in your belly. I could try and explain each of these but I think watching it works much better.  Here is a link where you can watch a video on this method. 

I promise this will save you mamas!

Comments